Full-Time Nanny Housekeeper
- Job Ref: HN3728
- Location: Caterham, Surrey
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £775 – £860 gross, per week
Full-Time Nanny Housekeeper For Family in Caterham, Surrey.
Happy Nest is seeking a fun and proactive sole-care nanny/housekeeper to support their busy household in Caterham, Surrey.
The family have two very active school aged children. So you will be on hand to help with the school runs and plan engaging and fun activities both after school and during the school holidays. You will need to ensure the children are well cared for and be willing to do physical activities. Plus, the children also enjoy educational activities, and arts and crafts, so you’ll help with homework, play puzzles, and engage in similar activities.
Long walks and outdoor play are popular in this family due to the rural location. And the housekeeping and cooking roles within this position are of key priority whilst the children are at school.
You must also be confident with dogs, and be happy to take them in the car on school runs and on walks when the children are at school.
- Monday to Friday, 7.30 am to 7 pm
The salary is based on a 58 hour working week. And the range is upon to negotiation, to fit the appropriate skill level and degree of experience that you bring to the table.
The role can be live in or live out. With live in accommodation provided via a separate annexe in the grounds of the family home.
You will need to be happy to do some additional evening babysitting on occasion every few weeks, agreed mutually. And at times, you may be required to stay late to be flexible in accommodating the parents schedules.
Within the household your duties will include the following:
- Food shopping as required
- Prepare healthy meals and snacks from fresh ingredients for the children pre and post school as well as the family evening meal. You must be experienced and confident at cooking a variety of meals and be organised with preparing in advance.
- Attend to the household admin, school notifications, post office, deliveries and liaising with tradesmen when needed.
- All clleaning, laundry and ironing related tasks
- Maintain the family car, encluding ensuring it is filled, regularly serviced, and that it has it’s MOT
- Keep the house tidy, free of clutter, and well organised e.g. kitchen cubboards, children’s wardrobes, shared spaces, childrens toy rooms etc.
- Ensure the children’s PE equipment and uniforms are organised and ready for any activities at school
This is a really lovely hands on role for an experienced nanny housekeeper. The preferred candidate will speak English to an excellent conversational level. And also potentially a second language, such as French.
When caring for the children, its important you’re able to aid them with their homework. And so you’ll be confident with reading and writing in English, and understand the proper use of English grammar and speech.
As the ideal candidate, you’ll love cooking and baking. You’ll be fond of routines and schedules, and like to keep things running in an orderly manner. As such, no doubt you’ll be a dab hand with insutrctions, be fairly outgoing and socialble, and impress the importance for the same qualities to be exemplified in the children. No doubt, firm but fair, comes to mind!
You must be a confident driver both on motorways and on country lanes. And you’ll need to hold a clean driving licence. You may use your own car at an agreed rate if it is of suitable size, age and maintenance. Or you’ll be provided with a car to use for work purposes.
Across all facets of this role, it’s vital you strive for high standards. And consistently go above and beyond to ensure your day runs smoothly. So you’ll be a strong action-doer, and be confident to use your inititiave to set tasks and complete them.
A fully enhanced DBS check is essential along with a recognised childcare qualification, and a paediatric first aid certificate.
- A recognised childcare qualification
- An up to date paediatric first aid certificate
- Minimum at least 3 years experience
- Enhanced DBS certificate