Full-Time Nanny Housekeeper; Live-Out
- Job Ref: HN3680
- Location: Bushey, Hertfordshire
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £12 gross, per hour
Professional Nanny Housekeeper For A Full-Time, Live-Out Position in Bushey, Hertfordshire, With Three Children.
Start date: July 2020
Happy Nest Nanny and Maternity Recruitment Agency is seeking an experienced Nanny Housekeeper for this full-time, permanent position in Hertfordshire. The successful candidate will be kind, considerate, and caring, with keen attention to detail, to provide support to this wonderful [and very active] family of five.
This is a hands-on role, where no two days are the same. And so with three children – a boy almost 6, and twin girls almost 2 – this busy young family seek the expert contribution of a passionate nanny housekeeper to keep them organised.
- Monday to Saturday; 7 am to 7 pm (with Wednesdays off)
This role is to commence in July 2020.
Hertfordshire Nanny Housekeeper Duties:
This family enjoy being outside. And they like to stay busy. Therefore, you will also need to be full of energy, in order to keep pace with them. The eldest boy attends the local school, and the twin girls are at nursery on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays until 1 pm.
Pickups and drop-offs are required for all of the children. So to be successful for this position, you will be a confident driver, with own car. Plus, Mr 6 loves his sports, and so there are plenty of sports-related activities to attend altogether in the afternoons too.
It’s important to note this family enjoy their activity. And they do have a swimming pool at home which they all enjoy. Therefore, it’s preferred the successful candidate has knowledge of swim survival, water safety, and feels confident around water. It also goes without saying, the professional nanny housekeeper will have a strong knowledge of paediatric first aid, and a valid certificate to support this.
The ideal candidate will perform full housekeeping duties, whilst caring for the children.
- Help the children to get ready each morning
- See to the morning and afternoon school and nursery runs
- Take the children to and from various extra-curricular and sporting activities
- Play with the children, but also facilitate self-directed play
- Source fun activities to engage the children with that are age-related
- Organise age-appropriate activities when suitable (such as during school holidays)
- Prepare the children’s meals, and offer healthy snacks
- Assist with homework and encourage their studies
- Keep the children’s rooms clean and tidy at all times
- Care for the children, and family laundry, plus ironing
- Run errands and other housekeeping related errands
- Full housekeeping, with the cleaning of bathrooms
Naturally, we understand it might be somewhat tricky to fit in the housekeeping components of this role, in amongst the children. So it’s a good thing the children are at school and nursery most days! Therefore it’s vital you’re a keen action taker and “doer”.
This family will hugely value a nanny housekeeper who really likes to tick things off the to-do list, and can self-assign tasks and take action without direction. You’ll have an eye for detail, and be unwavering in your desire to ensure the house is well maintained, presentable, and neat and tidy as you go along.
Mr 6 is sports mad and is particularly fond of his beloved Man United football team. He also loves golf, cricket, and rugby, and is a keen sportsman himself. Whilst the twins have an interest in an eclectic mix of indoor and outdoor activities.
Like most 2-year-olds we know, its safe to say they’re rather fond of Peppa Pig. But they also enjoy a good book, wooden puzzle games, visits to the library, and dancing around at home. On the other hand, they also like to be outdoors, and really enjoy any opportunity to get to the park. Plus, these children are blessed with in-laws who live just next door (the ultimate childhood dream) and so they enjoy the benefit of a large garden full of slides and swings for them to play on.
You will need a fully enhanced DBS Certificate (Happy Nest can help you with this), as well as a full driving licence and a recognised childcare qualification.
This role is due to commence in July 2020.
- A recognised childcare qualification
- An up to date paediatric first aid certificate
- Minimum at least 3 years experience
- Enhanced DBS certificate